Friday, June 3, 2016
Berlangganan

No One Will Date Her Because Of Her Face. 2 Years Later, She Goes On TV And Does THIS!

“The Undateables” is a British documentary show that follows singletons with challenging conditions who are ready to give love a go. I admire everyone on this show, because I think you have to be incredibly brave to showcase yourself in front of the whole world on the TV.

James is a 22-year-old who has Aspergers and has never managed to pull off a date. He desperately wants to meet someone he can fall in love with and start a life, but giving his condition he is finding it pretty difficult.

“One of the problems with Aspergers is not being able to read things like facial expressions and I am very bad with that,” he says. “Not only are you sitting there wondering what to say next, but you also can’t tell when you are talking if they’re actually interested in what you’re saying.”
Then there’s is Tammy who was left disfigured after contracting meningococcal septicaemia. She has always been outgoing, and hasn’t had a problem pursuing dates, but ever since her illness a lot of people have struggled to get past her face.
 
Subsequently, her confidence has nose-dived…

“I found it quite easy to forget what I look like,” she says. “When somebody has a negative reaction to how I look, or somebody stares at me, it reminds me of what happened. And they’re all things I don’t want to think about.”

While many people would hide away from the rest of the world and have to be content with being alone, these two prove what taking a chance and believing in yourself can REALLY do.